Friday, October 24, 2008

BOND GIRL at the AZ State Fair plus savings & freebies for you!


TotalBeauty.com content:

Recreate Amy Winehouse's Signature Makeup

Her over-the-top look is guaranteed to be a hit at every Halloween party


Recreate Amy Winehouse's Signature Makeup

In the mood to channel this infamous, disturbed rock star this Halloween? Then follow these step-by-step instructions courtesy of Gregory Arlt, director of makeup artistry for MAC Cosmetics. Complete the look with a ratty, black bouffant wig (an Elvira wig at any costume shop will work perfectly) and you're good to go.

See Amy




Get your BOND GIRL at the Arizona State Fair today for $20 instead of $30 PLUS the free movie ticket!
Have you seen the publicity photos of Gemma Arterton? Wow! Now that's a Bond Girl. Oh, have you seen my photo? I'm a Bond Girl too! ( without all the weapons and Bond kissing ...)

While at the Arizona State Fair ( www.azstatefair.com check here for concerts, discounts, and the $25 ride all you want days) I came across an Avon booth in the building next on the other side of the Grandstand. The odd thing about this statement is that, depending on which side you are standing on, could be the other.

Anyways, there in the corner is a booth filled with Avon products, Dora and Katrina, the Avon reps staffing the booth.

I felt less than fresh, in fact I think I stinketh from walking around the fair all day. I saw the perfume and asked to try it. I'm pretty sure the only reason why I tried it is because it did say BOND Girl. I hosed on a more than fair share and loved the scent. It's light and spicy. It may remind you of L'Ancome's Tresore but not as sweet.

Anyways, that's when I was told that if I bought it at the Arizona State Fair Avon booth...I would receive ten dollars off the normal $30 price, and pay only $20...plus...receive a free movie ticket to see the new BOND movie.

How could you not buy it with all the savings and freebies! So, now I too, am a BOND girl.

If you would like to buy it online from these gals at the Fair, go to:
www.youravon.com/kwoods

Or, just come down to the Arizona State Fair and buy your bottle of BOND Girl at a discount and get the free ticket!

The interesting thing about Godsmacking into the Avon booth, is that I was just teaching at the Fresh Start Women's Foundation ( www.wehelpwomen.com) and in the eyeshadow portion of the class, told my over stuffed room full of gals that one of the best creme eyeshadows left on the market since the demise of DIOR's Ombre Plum, is Avon's Anew Eye-Lifting Serum Shadow. It's a smooth gel formula that goes on smooth and wears. It's in 13 shades, only $10 and right now there is a special that you can buy one and get another at half price.

I suggest for the basic day eye to get: Luminescence and Chestnut
or...
for your late night party going to the club look get: Pearl and Sky or Mint. Put some false lashes over those colors and your ready to party!

Now... for your review...the book I was looking at has the "In a wink instant eyeshdaow sheets", I covered the Sephora version of these that are $35 verses the Avon $9...plus there is a special to buy one get one half off again) perhaps I will test these also and review it for you.

In the meantime, visit the Arizona State Fair Avon booth for your discount BOND Girl perfume and movie ticket, or go online to the website and get some.

See you at a workshop soon!
p.s. if you are booking costume party makeup, the Friday October 31st only has a two spots left, email for times/location and price.

p.s.s. Regular makeup workshops will resume November 3rd...if you are booking for your women's group to have a makeup workshop, please book a minimum of 10.

p.s.s.s. Yes, I will be back at Scottsdale Fashion Week doing Runway makeup, though, exclusively for JennyVi Couture.
Bridal Makeup DIY Style: How To Take Control of Your Wedding Day Beauty for brides who would rather spend the money on cake!