Monday, April 28, 2008

Product review: Susan Posnick ColorME in Peony

Product review: Susan Posnick Cosmetics ColorME in Peony
So simple…so much fun to use!
A pure mineral color, for eyes, lips and anywhere you want to put a splash of color.
A quarter ounce retails for $32 and can be found on the Susan Posnick website or at apothecaries, spas and retailers nationwide.
The benefits are: high pigmented mineral color, formulated with vitamins A and E to help the skin, hypo-allergenic, non- comedogenic, antibacterial
Won’t clog pores or irritate sensitive skin, it’s water resistant, sweat proof and long wearing,
Travel friendly! The ColorME product comes in a wee self dispensing pot with an attached powder puff and mirror for easy application.
This mineral color product comes in 7 shades. I experienced Peony and loved it.
That is the details: here is the experience:
It is truly sweat proof because I tried it, and then had to do errands, outside in the heat plus chase my toddler.
I was not in the pool, though if it can survive a humid Arizona day, I’m guessing it will last on the beaches too.
I love that it is small, has the mirror to see what you are doing and the applicator is in it already. I travel a lot and if you are going to toss a product in your bag this is good one to choose! It can be used on eyes, cheeks, or lips.
To apply to your lips, dust a light coat on until you get the depth of hue you want the put your lip conditioner on over that.
Now, being a hygiene queen there is one issue for concern: how do I wash the enclosed puff? I gave a firm tug and luckily, it’s on tight so there is little chance for the fine powder to spill. I’m thinking that if my neat nick self needs to wash this thing, I am going to have to tap off the excess powder, then wash by hand, let it completely dry and shape a bit, and then twist back onto the product base.
I know you are curious about who is Susan Posnick and why her cosmetics?
She’s been working in the film and print media industry for over 20 years with celebrity clients. She started in New York and began to journey west to Los Angeles when she pit stopped in Dallas and fell in love with the city. When she developed skin cancer on her face, she couldn’t find a product that didn’t require layers for protection that wouldn’t melt off, she began to develop her own.
As usual, necessity is the mother of invention! Susan Posnick has received the Fashion Group Internationals 2004 Rising Star Award and been included in Who’s Who among American Women along with being credited as an innovator in the field of mineral makeup.
I would recommend this product for ladies who have experienced facial surgeries, cancer treatments, enjoy mineral makeup products or have sensitive and acne prone skin.
Enjoy!

Bridal Makeup DIY Style: How To Take Control of Your Wedding Day Beauty! Simple step by step with product guide to do what I do without the high cost!























Review my Business at MyHuckleberry.Com