Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Equate eye makeup remover and daily facial cleanser: a true grit beauty product review

Okay, call it recession, coming off of the month of July, 3 birthdays and a back to school toddler in this month; basically I'm on a beauty pinch back budget!

First of all, I don't normally use eye makeup remover. Though since I have fallen in love with L'Oreal's Voluminous in Carbon Black, I need it. What is it about this amazing mascara that it won't come off with regular soap and water?

I do normally use a ph balanced face wash, and I like a daily exfoliator whether it comes in a fruit acid, or hydroxy acid. I was out, like bottom of the bottle mix it with some water to try and squeeze one more use out of it kind of bottom of the bottle.

And...I also have one last birthday to cover and alot of traveling and, and and...so, I went to Walmart ( back to school supplies you know) and thought, maybe just maybe I would get the L'Oreal or Olay to tide me over til next month when I can get my normal stuff.

Hmmm. Those products are affordable, but not in my budget this week. And I'm desperate!

For $3.77 each, I got the Walmart store brand called Equate. I picked up the eye makeup remover which was right next to the L'Oreal eyemakeup remover for $6.97. They are the same color, same smell ( you know I opened both in the store and sniffed) different prices.

Fine, I'll try it for that price. The Olay Daily Cleanser was $8.98 and the Equate Daily Facial Cleanser with microbeads and fresh foaming effect was also $3.77.

Hmmm, okay,worth a try? I'm game to try anything because it's still the beginning of the month and I know I won't have beauty slush budget til September!

Honestly, my experience was good. The eye makeup remover worked to loosen up the Carbon Black mascara and remove it. The scent is clean, there is minimal stinging and burning, no oily residue. And when I say stinging and burning, I mean that for me, all eye makeup removers get in the eye and cause some kind of sensation whether good or bad. Though that discomfort is worth the damage not done to my eyelashes in harsh rubbing to get the mascara off.

So, if you want to try the Equate eye makeup remover which is compared to the L'Oreal brand, I can honestly say that for your money ($3.77) it's worth it.

The Equate daily facial cleanser also had a positive test. I like fragrance and this product has a light floral smell to it. The microbeads are a fine grit to exfoliate, I did get a good bubbly lather and it washed clean leaving my skin, smooth, soft and with a hint of moisture.

Which is fine. I do prefer a tight, squeaky clean feeling, though again, for the money outlay of $3.77 this product is worth it if you too are in a beauty pinch back budget and can't afford your normal product choice!

Thank you Walmart for offering a comparable and effective skin care product.

Oh, and by the way, don't ask don't tell when it comes to the chemical ingredient list on these products. It's too long ,too complex and way too many consonants to even beging to describe what's in it. They are cheap, they work, they are not doing the planet a favor. Get over it. It's in the budget. Next month, save the planet and blow the cash!

See you at Super 4, no workshops this week because of it. :)
Bridal Makeup DIY Style: How To Take Control of Your Wedding Day Beauty for brides who would rather spend the money on cake!

















src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_buynow_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">