The New Year’s Eve face you wish you wore last year and won’t dare miss wearing this year!
You know the old adage that says a “hair stylist likes to cut”, well the makeup artist likes to color. Rarely do we get to do big, bold, bright makeup. Unless you are going to Mardi Gras, do ballroom dancing, or you are going out for New Years eve and you are ready to wear more than a little black dress like all the rest of the crowd.
I’ve got a short routine for you to do, it’s easy and simple, but will require a few extra tools and the result is going to make you stand out and be photographed!
To start your shopping list: you are going to need spray glitter, gem appliqués from the craft store, liquid latex, big false eyelashes and I do mean, the bigger the better, and preferably a wig for maximum impact.
When you get back to from the store, here’s what to do:
1. Foundation and powder your skin, do the neck and ears, and any chest area that is going to be exposed.
2. Stain your lips with a basic red stain such as Benefits Benetint
3. Begin with your eyes. Draw on a large and bold eyebrow using dark powdered eye shadow and a slant tip brush.
4. Highlight the brow, corner of the eyelid, and cheek bone with the same color: a crème shimmer would work best, but a shimmer powder can work too.
5. Cover the lid with a bright green, go from lashes to the crease of the eye
6. In the eye crease use an eggplant purple shade and make a gentle stroke of contour shadowing
7. Finish with black eyeliner on top and on bottom, but not inside the rim. Color the inside of the rim with a white eyeliner pencil.
8. Make the eye line soft and smoky with a smudge of dark grey eye shadow, like Dreamy from Lorac. Just run the brush through the shadow then over your black eyeliner to make it soft
9. Put your large eyelashes on. If you want to glue some small gem stones on to the ends of the lashes, do that first and let the glue dry before you put them on your eyelids. Use your eyelash curler to crimp them together. Add a coat or two of mascara to help bind them together.
10. Finish the face with a medium warm peach toned blush, and a slick of sheer gloss on the mouth.
Now, what to do with all that glitter? Close your eyes and gently spray your face and neckline and collarbone. Apply with the liquid latex as an adhesive the gemstones from the craft store along your collarbone.
Pull your wig on and a black catsuit with some high heeled boots. Now go party like it’s 1999! Your eye will look like a peacock’s feather, the glitter will reflect in the night club light and the texture of the gemstones on your collarbone will draw people to you to strike up a conversation.
Besides, you know everyone else at the party will have on dental floss for an outfit, a smoky eye with nude lips, or black eyeliner and red lips. Be different! I dare you! Wear more clothes and makeup!
Happy New year my friends!
www.makeupuniversity.com or www.financialfreedomnow.myarbonne.com
Bridal Makeup DIY Style: How To Take Control of Your Wedding Day Beauty! Simple step by step with product guide to do what I do without the high cost!
Review my Business at MyHuckleberry.Com