Thursday, January 3, 2008

Danger squirrel music...my hair has been done at the little Golden Valley salon that could

Okay, I'll get a photo as soon as I can. In the meantime, here's what happened, and where it happened at.

Instead of going into the Phoenix valley as usual to my uber chic salon to get my three color partial weave and cut, I went to the local salon. In your head I know you are already doing a ballpark figure of what that costs. It's not that I like a wide variety of toxic chemicals seeping into my scalp on a regular basis, it's just that I like the multi colors and dimensions I get with the weave.

Remember, I wore plain black, then a two tone black (yes, black comes in more shades than one) for years!

I live in the middle of nowhere and love it. So I went to a very small salon, in the middle of nowhere with me.

It's called Tangles. It's owned by Claire, a veteran hairstylist and salon owner. Now there is nothing uber about Tangles in Golden Valley, but it does have a quirky chic about it. There is a laid back, help yourself to the coffee, and make your way to the chair when your ready feel about it.

No pomp. No attitude. Just laid back. And, low prices.

Nobody valet parked my car (oh, wait, that's not in Phoenix that's in Brentwood!) or brought me sparkling water with a slice of lemon and asked if I would like to upgrade to a wine spritzer.

But, instead, I got a great hair cut, and great color. I had the chunks made thinner and the layering thinned out. It looks a bit darker for the winter and the shape of the cut is more like Brianna Golodriga on GMA.

I"m not one to pass out the numbers, but, my entire hair appointment is less than your cell phone bill.

If you are in our little neck of the desert, on your way to Laughlin, have had a horror story from hacks in other areas or just would like a fresh look, consider a trip down the heart of Route 66 to Tangles in Golden Valley. Give Claire a call, she'll be glad to chat hair with you.

4225 Hwy 68 suite B (never mind the suite, just pull straight in and park)

Golden Valley, AZ 86413 or call 928-565-7706

I have to say that I am happy with the results, I'll put a photo up as soon as I can and I will continue the story soon.

Bridal Makeup DIY Style: How To Take Control of Your Wedding Day Beauty! Simple step by step with product guide to do what I do without the high cost!























Review my Business at MyHuckleberry.Com