Saturday, December 13, 2008

Try Sherina or Sam at the Tempe Marketplace Arizona Hair Co salon

TotalBeauty.com
20 Best Heat-Styling Creams, Mousses and Sprays

Don't use a blow-dryer or flatiron before applying one of these products


Stop damaging your hair! If you heat style often you must use a product that protects your hair. Try these gels, sprays and creams that TotalBeauty.com readers say keep their hair healthy despite blow-dryer and flatiron addictions.

See products

No. 20: Kerastase Mousse Volumactive Amplifying Perfecting Mousse for Fine, Vulnerable Hair, $34

TotalBeauty.com average member rating: 9*


Why it's great: "This is the greatest styling product I've ever used on my fine, thin hair..."

No. 19: Matrix Sleek.look Styling Crème, $15

TotalBeauty.com average member rating: 9.1*


Why it's great: "This works great to calm curly hair and eliminate the poof you can get while drying..."

No. 18: Bumble and bumble Straight, $26.99

TotalBeauty.com average member rating: 9.1*


Why it's great: "If I'm using a flatiron, I'll put a pea-size dollop in my hand and apply it to my ends -- it helps protect my hair and get it super straight..."

What's No. 1? Click here!


Hello!
Okay, our daily beauty bubble is about hair products today but I wanted to take a quick moment and share a "hair" story.

The short of it for those who have just joined the Makeup University beauty blog is that last year, I had amazing, very long ,tri-colored weaved blonde hair. It, if I may say, was gorgeous.

Then a series of unfortunate and expensive salon mishaps resulted in my beautiful hair being burned, fried, hacked and severed. Severely!

Now, a year later, it's still no where near the length or color. I don't know if I'll got that blonde again, any time soon.

Finding a hairstylist I can trust has been a real challenge. You just never know til you sit in the chair and pray, then wait to see what happens.

Tonight, in utter frustration I grabbed a coupon from the direct mailer and went to a haircutting place that a friend had recently tried because she too is tired of paying hundreds of dollars for hair cuts, colors and styles and not loving it. Or even liking it for that matter!

A stylist named Sherina at Arizona Hair co. ( www.arizonahairco.com) took me as a walk in. I was in dire need of a bang trim ( to ensure that I don't do it myself with a pair of orange handled craft scissors) and plus to have all the layers that I didn't want trimmed of their fuzziness.

I'm pleased to say that for the $13.99 price tag, yes, you read that right, $13.99 I got a good cut.

Is it Kevin Paves? No. Was it $200? No.

So I encourage you to try Sherina, or Sam, at the Arizona Hair Co. salon in the Tempe Marketplace next to Verizon Wireless store. It was quick, and efficient.

I know that styling and blow drying costs extra, but for a $13.99 coupon, what do you expect?

Instead of going one more day with hair that needs a trim, or bangs that are too long, go see Sherina and Sam at Tempe Marketplace. Who knows, you may even head over to D'Arcy McGees for a pint afterwards in your new sassy hair cut!

In the meantime, I'll see you at the New Year's Eve makeup party!
Bridal Makeup DIY Style: How To Take Control of Your Wedding Day Beauty for brides who would rather spend the money on cake!