Hi ya Gorgeous!
Quick note to share a guest post with you on how to get an amazing pedicure at home! This will save you some summer cash while getting you a party ready pedicure!
· Skyy Hadley, owner of As U Wish Salon, knows how walking around every day in the summer heat can take a toll on your feet. Pamper them with these at-home pedicure tips!
· After removing nail polish and spraying feet with an antiseptic, soak feet in water and milk. Adding milk is a crucial step as water can strip skin of moisture and leave feet drier. Milk naturally exfoliates and nourishes the skin and it’s right in your refrigerator.
· Lightly shape the toenails by cutting nails back slightly and massaging toes and feet with cream or oil. After feet have soaked for a few minutes, push back the cuticles – do NOT cut them. Cutting them creates more hangnails and can even lead to infection.
· Lightly buff the nail plate while it is still moist with a cuticle cream or conditioner. Then buff the skin on your feet by applying a foot scrub and massaging the formula deep into the skin, concentrating on trouble spots. To really smooth things over, use a diamond file (avoid pumices as they trap bacteria) on particularly rough patches like the heel and ball of the foot.
· To maintain and prolong color, use a primer on the nails first. This step actually dehydrates the nail by bringing the natural oils out, making color grip longer. After applying color, add a top coat. Three days later, apply a top coat again to prevent color from chipping.
Remember: you are beautiful! Thank you for visiting the blog and check back for promotions and beauty giveaways!