Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Drink your way to youth and the brown cow challenge


TOKI results and AVEDA

My faithful friends, it has been one of the longest tests that Makeup University has done…I personally tested the TOKI product of drinkable youth powder and saw some lovely results.
First, it tastes great. It’s a light lemony flavor, so I put it into my iced tea. Though here’s the catch, read the instructions, especially the part about don’t mix in cold liquids. Why? Because it clumps.


That’s okay, I just drank my clumps. So when you get yours, mix your tea and TOKI, then add ice after it is completely dissolved.


One of my favorite results of this TOKI test is that sure, my skin is firmer looking throughout the face and neck, but; it’s the lightness of my facial skin that is most interesting in the test results.


See in Arizona, you can’t help but get sun on you resulting in a sun tan because of the intensity and duration of the sun here. Well, with my everyday facial sunscreen and the TOKI my face has retained a lightness to it.


To get your TOKI, visit their website at http://www.toki.com/
To get your FREE TOKI…email me your name, where you are reading from, why you want to try TOKI, and how you got to the blog…a winner will be picked in seven days, randomly out of all the entries that have been received by midnight the seventh night.


Now…stay tuned for the AVEDA report.


Today I visited MoodSwings salon in Tempe for the AVEDA hair model event they are having. I know what you are thinking, I’m not a model. Even so, I do have hair and I’m looking for a story here…
After all, I did survive the last hair nightmare, my scalp has healed and I’m ready to try a salon stylist again. I figure, I may as well make a sport of it and write the beauty truth along the way. If I’m selected, I’ll take a before and after picture. This should take care of the continual request for an updated photo; which the only reason why I don’t post one or get new headshots is because I can’t stand the way my hair looks.


It has morphed from Mogli the jungle boy to a brown cow concoction. See! That’s why I don’t photograph it. I don’t want it recorded for posterity.


If you are in the Tempe area and need a great salon, this is one to try because it’s full service and is a licensed AVEDA center. I love the philosophy, the company and most importantly the integrity of the AVEDA products.


Today being Wednesday, I am on MARICOPA TV with JennyVi the bridal couture designer, watch it! Cox 115


If you don’t see us there, we’ll both be at the West Valley Bridal Expo on June 28th.
Now, if you are in the New York City area and reading the blog, please let me know by email because I have the opportunity to giveaway a luxury dinner gift certificate. Are you hungry?


Bridal Makeup DIY Style: How To Take Control of Your Wedding Day Beauty! Simple step by step with product guide to do what I do without the high cost!






















Review my Business at MyHuckleberry.Com