Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Other options for home hair color and baked makeup!

TotalBeauty.com content:

Hot Hair from MTV's Video Music Awards

Britney Spears stole the night but Rihanna, Miley Cyrus and others held their own at the show


Why do we love the MTV Video Music Awards? Because unlike the Oscars, where stars tend to play it safe, anything goes at the VMAs. Celebrities show up in some of the most sexy, glamorous and just plain bizarre looks. Check out our standout picks from the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards.

See hairstyles


Okay, I love hearing from you about your home hair coloring experiences. Something for you to think about if you are a first time home colorist or have damaged hair and damaged budget and can't afford to go to the salon, consider a trip to the Sally's beauty supply near you. www.sallybeauty.com

You can research what it is that you are looking for online at their website and then go in and have some ammo for what you are looking for. Otherwise it's like walking into a candy store and making a decsion could be hard.

I offer this up as an alternative to the box of stuff from the mass retailer because if you've been following my blog, you know the year long challenge I have had in restoring my hair from the badly bothced bleach job. The kind that can ruin careers!

Now, my hair is still on my scalp, slowly coming back, and finally, I am at what I call, the "final cut". The last cut that will truly take off all of the burnt bleach hair from last February. That means it will still be short, ( nothing wrong with short hair, I just love long hair on me) though most importantly, it will be healthy.

I love long, healthy shiny hair! Back to color: so what I do instead of going to the salon for a $60 glaze, I get the ION brand semi glaze super hydra drench color. It has no ammonia, no peroxide, no harmful ingredients and actually deposits color only along with moisturizers.

If you are coloring with in one to two shades, this is a good product for you. Clairol and Wella make similiar products, at Sally's they are about $5. The effect will last great for four weeks, then around week 5 you will see fading and by week six you have some grey, roots and faded color and it's time to do your hair again.

I prefer a baggie on my head, with added heat to intensify the color. Enjoy!

**BEAUTY NEWS ALERT***
Right now there is a lot of buzz and talk about the new "baked" makeups. This is fun, though not new, just new advertising. Chanel and Dior have been baking pans of makeup for decades. The difference is, in the new lines that are baking they are mixing colors and letting the pigments swirl together for a multi-faceted shade.

I think it's fun and I'm interested in trying some! Check out Sephora for some choices or head out to your local Ulta or beauty store. Enjoy your Tuesday!
Bridal Makeup DIY Style: How To Take Control of Your Wedding Day Beauty for brides who would rather spend the money on cake!

















src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_buynow_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">