Okay, so you may have a costume party to go to soon and you want to wear some rubber pieces such as bolts on your neck or gunshots or pieces that look like wounds.
These are applied with spirit gum and the seams can be hidden with liquid lates. You buy these at the costume shop and they should be between $5-10 for a bottle.
Here are some simple steps to applying a prosthetic:
1. Clean the skin where you plan to put the prosthetic well
2. Wipe with alcohol to further remove any natural oils on the skin
3. Wipe the skin side of the prosthetic with the alcohol
4. Apply spirit gum to the prosthetic piece and a bit to the skin
5. Press and hold, for at least a minute, it's very important to let it rest and have time to seal
6. Use a synthetic brush or small spatula to apply a thin layer of the liquid latex either in clear or matching flesh tone to the edges of the prosthetic
7. Let everything dry again
8. If you need more seal, apply another layer of the liquid latex but be careful to be gentle and not pull up on the previous layer
9. Set with fine mineral setting powder to take down the shine and mattify
10. Apply your makeup over the application, either colors or blood effects and enjoy your new prosthetic look!
It's not hard and just takes a wee bit of time. Patience is the key.
Bridal Makeup DIY Style: How To Take Control of Your Wedding Day Beauty for brides who would rather spend the money on cake!