Monday, October 13, 2008

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral enriched mascara review

TotalBeauty.com content:

How to Get Perfect Lashes

Celebrity makeup artist Chuck Hezekiah shares his top 10 beauty tips on working your mascara to its full potential


We had the chance to sit down with Chuck Hezekiah, national makeup artist for Maybelline New York, who told us how to get perfect, clump-free lashes with almost any mascara. Read on to find out exactly how your mascara can work in more ways than one to save you time, guesswork and money.

View tips


Ah, perfect lashes. I must say that mascara is my most favorite cosmetic item!

Okay, I had a coupon ( which always makes trying a new makeup even more enticing...) for the new mascara from L'Oreal called Bare Naturale. I wasn't too interested because I like huge false eyelashes and as much gloppy mascara as I can glop on each individual lash.

but...I figured for balance sake I would try it. Plus, I needed more mascara and had a $5 coupon.

Though what I didn't know was that Walmart had a gift pack on sale: it's called the new limited edition naturally radiant eye collection and is valued at $25.44 but sold for $16.96 minus the $5 coupon making it $11.96 plus tax.

It includes the mascara, and a mineral powder shadow with brush and a mineral eyeliner with brush. Good deal!

I'm going to quote L'Oreal and say that it's worth it. Even if you didn't have the coupon I'm impressed with the finish and feel of all three items.

Interesting enough is the mineral eyeshadow wear on my lids that have a lot of skin and folds. It's moving with the skin and not creasing and leaving a blank space of skin where the shadow used to be.

The eyeliner is very blended, soft and has an enhancing effect without looking like a line which is a favorite of mine.

Now, the mascara. It's nice. Nice is about all I've got. If you like soft feathery lashes with color and not huge Tammy Faye style, then this is the product for you.

It's wearing good, not smudging, or flaking, but soft. It may the mascara for you. As for me, I'm back to the Voluminous...

Enjoy and try the Bare Naturale collection, it's worth it!
Bridal Makeup DIY Style: How To Take Control of Your Wedding Day Beauty for brides who would rather spend the money on cake!

















src="https://www.paypal.com/en_US/i/btn/btn_buynow_LG.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="Make payments with PayPal - it's fast, free and secure!">