Friday, May 16, 2014

The New Braiding Handbook: 60 Modern Twists on the Classic Hairstyles

 Hello Gorgeous!
#TGIF!

Just in time for your upcoming graduations, any late season proms and the all important summer up do to keep hair off of your neck in the sweaty dog days of summer-meet Abby Smith, author of The New Braiding Handbook: 60 Modern Twists on the Classic Hairstyles.

 Oh this book is delicious! It's heavyweight paper and glossy close up pictures are easy to follow!
I've tried several styles are easy to follow. My hair is now much shorter than it used to be, though even on my shoulder length, slightly layered hair, I can do some of these braids.


As a young girl, my sister and I had hair that was so long we sat on it! I so wish we would have had this book of braid styles back then!


 The Waterfall Braid is my goal: to master this sucker and have it look effortless!
So far, not so good. I don't think my hair is long enough or maybe my fingers aren't dexterous enough yet to master this beautiful braid!

I'm going to keep at it! In the meantime, for your prom and graduation hairstyles, get this book for between $10-$14.00 on  Amazon.com for kindle or in paperback!